A minimum ensemble rating of 4344 - Jazz.*
1. A minimum grade of A- in the concentrated courses of the program (marked with #)
2. A minimum grade of B in the other required courses of the program
3. A minimum ensemble rating of 6566*
4. Graduation Project**: Minimum grade of B
5. Portfolio of scores and/or recordings: Minimum grade of B
Each graduate must submit a selection of scores and recordings that he/she wrote, composed or performed during his/her studies at Rimon. (Details outlying the requirements for the portfolio may be obtained at the Office of Academic Affairs).
6. Each graduate must acquire a minimum of 15 credits of approved extra curricular work. (A list of approved projects can be obtained from the Office of Academic Affairs).
7. Each graduate must participate, at least twice, during his/her studies at Rimon, in the Jazz Player of the Year Competition.
8. Each graduate must participate, at least once, during his/her studies as a side man, at the ShirRimon Competition and the Graduation Project Minimum ensemble rating required: 4444
* Rating categories( from left to right):Instrumentalists
Technique, Improvisation, Melodic Sight Reading(excluding Drummers and Vocalists), Harmonic Sight Reading (excluding Drummers and Vocalists), Rhythmic Sight reading (for Drummers only)
Musical Memory, Performance, Interpretation, Technique
** Eligibility for the Graduation Project is depended on:
1. Acquiring, at least, 94 credits from the required courses of the program.
2. A minimum grade of A- in the concentrated courses of the program (marked with #)
3. A minimum ensemble rating of 6566
*Drummers are required to take only2 credits on the 2nd year.
** Students with an ensemble rating of 2222 and up on piano are not required to take Secondary Keyboard and must take electives instead.
*** Vocalists are required to take 4 credits on their 3rd year.
1. Instrumentalists and drummers are eligible for 1 extra credit to complete the total of 34 redits
on their 1st year.
2. The Courses History of Jazz may be replaced with MIDI Recording in the Home Studio.
3. Elective in Listening and Analysis ( 2nd year) may be replaced with Audio
Recording in the Home Studio.
4. The course History of Pop Music may be replaced with one of the following courses:
Electronic Music Production, Studio Music Production.